Followers

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Now You're Talkin'

Have you noticed how much better you feel when the humidity is down?
What an improvement.
Didn't even feel sleepy.

 After chores I mowed for awhile and then it started to sprinkle.
Class at 10:30.  Only four students this morning.




 Shamra brought eggs and after class Tina picked some spinach (which is ready to bolt) and green beans.  The cabbage was looking ginormous, so I grabbed one for her to try.  When I took off the outer leaves it was unlike any cabbage I have seen.



Instead of being round, it was ovalish and huge.
Gary picked one for me and I made some coleslaw for dinner.  It tasted great, but I have a lot leftover and it hardly fits in the frig.  Might have to make cabbage soup next.




 I had a 2pm meeting in Brockport and finished mowing when I got home.
 Yes, the girls were keeping me company again.


 There was all kinds of activity as they were taking the wheat off the fields around us.
 Taaa Daaaa.  All done.  You could golf around the pastures.






 Boy, did we get vegged out at dinner.  All the leftovers from last night plus the coleslaw from the  "test kitchen."
 Tucked the girls in around 7:30





From the outside looking in.
Night all.

3 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I totally agree with you about the humidity--Its been crushing here, and tonight, even though it's in the 80's, the humidity is noticeably decreased since this morning.

But your flowers are lovely, the pasture looks perfect, and your dinner looks delicious! Whatta day!! :-)

Michelle said...

That is one huge cabbage!

Sharon Creech said...

Such a day! Such light! xx