Followers

Friday, January 11, 2013

Thawing...

 I wonder how long it will take for the rest of the snow to melt.
Today it was in the 40s and when I went out to the barn it was raining.
 Once again the girls ate under the shed roof.


 Pretty ugly out there.
 Snuck in some time at Agape....Gary showed up too.
 Home by 11:30 for a quick shower and left for Rochester.  This was mammogram day...not one of my favorites.
 They have the most gorgeous fish tank I've ever seen and it is stocked with brilliant colors.
 Very soothing.
 I brought along a book so I would be distracted.

Waiting for the results is pretty scary, but everything was ok.


Home by 3:30...chores at 5:15.  Very drab outside, but cheery in the barn.
 Such sweet girls.

 Dinner....BBQued boneless country ribs, sweet potatoes,
 a simple salad with Russian dressing....
 and another fruit salad.
Tomorrow I am going to the Rochester Public Market with Jill,  which we have not done in a very long time.  Look forward to getting some deals on produce.
Night all.

13 comments:

Mary said...

What a gorgeous aquarium! I would find it calming also. It's almost time for my physical and mammogram.. end of this month. Yuck. But it must be done. :) I hope your results are good. (Is that the way to word such a thing?) Your horses are lovely. So much fun in drab weather!

Birdman said...

What a beautiful dish trimmed in blue.

Sharon Creech said...

I don't much enjoy those drab drippy days either. It sounds like you came home to warm and cozy. xx

Val Ewing said...

You eat very healthy! I just finished with blood work, a physical for my workplace and a physical for myself plus the mammo. They have a new machine that is much more pleasant...if you can believe it.

Terry said...

I still can't get over Berlin's shine. Our horses aren't shiny in the winter.

Cloudia said...

you create such a rich indoor world!


Aloha from Honolulu-
Please enjoy a Free Peak at my Hawaii Novel!
Aloha Where You Like Go?

The Dancing Donkey said...

My dentist has great fish tanks. I almost look forward to cleanings:)

Gayle said...

Can't wait to see the produce deals... they make me jealous every time. We'd eat fresh everything at your prices. Enjoy!! Glad you had good test results.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Happy your test went well. I have mine soon. Love the fish they would be calming to watch. Be careful if it is icy going to your barn it is here. Hug B

Nancy said...

Love the fish -- happy that your mammo was okay. :)

thecrazysheeplady said...

We are all melted :-(. Mid 60s here. And muddy. Sigh.

Inger said...

While the landscape may look a bit drab, the food sure makes up for it.

Janice Grinyer said...

i came here for a hug so

hugs to ((((Lori!)))

thank you!

and now I want to stay for dinner - you make food always look so good ;)

and mammograms - my sister told me that wouldnt it be something if they would have somewhat the same procedure for testicular cancer? HAHAHAHAHAHA...and then have the screener say (like they often do to us) "hold still, dont move" HAHAHAHAHA...

sometimes humor is the only thing we got left ;) after a long day...

hope your tests come out terrific!