Followers

Friday, February 24, 2012

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING....

 I have been communicating with Annette from Aspen Meadows for quite some time now.  We have so many similar interests (horses, food, gardening, rhubarb and more).  Not only is she a great cook, she is also an amazing baker.  If you have read her blog you must have seen some of the breads she has baked.  All I did was ask for a recipe (which she posted) and this is what I got!  The supreme baking cookbook.  Now, am I up to the challenge?


Meanwhile back at the ranch...
 Woke up to snow on the ground.
 Jill, Chester, Phoebe, Gucci and I did our usual thing and were finished early (again).
 It was grey and melting.


At 12:30 I left for the Senior Center to participate in Tai Chi for the first time (now it was raining).  My friend Louise has been doing it for years.  Today Judy (Art, Chorus, Drumming buddy) and I decided to give it a shot.
 They are preparing for a performance in April on a day when people all around the world will be doing Tai Chi at the same time.
Today they wore their matching shirts to have their picture taken for a brochure advertising the event.
 The woman on the far left in the front is the leader (Jane), and has been doing this for many years.  There is no charge for this activity.  To me, it goes along with other things I do...singing, drumming....  We started out with 2 basic things (I don't know the terms yet) and I was able to do them.  When they moved to one of the forms they are going to perform (which was far more advanced) I could not adlib it so I ended up stopping and watched.  And it was beautiful...to see this group all doing the same movements at the same time (to music) was so peaceful and touching.  I think I would really like to learn more.

Stopped at Wegmans on the way home and by now it was pouring.
The horses knew enough to get under the shed roof.


 Once again the snow was pretty much gone and the paddock was a disaster.

 Around 4! Voila!!!!  The sun came out.

 When I went out to feed the ponies....
 The wind kicked up like crazy.  May get gusts up to 60 miles per hour.






Battened down the hatches.  Let's hope no trees blow down with the ground so soft and mushy.
Night all.

9 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Good luck with the weather. Glad you like the book!

Carol said...

I love reading about / viewing both your and Annette's cooking! You are both very inspiring and photograph the food beautifully.
Those evening weather pictures are pretty impressive. Hope it doesn't get too crazy.

Sandra said...

You have green grass! We got some snow last week, but beforehand it was all brown.

It look as if you may have found yet another interest, besides all that wonderful baking.

Victoria Cummings said...

We got your wind this morning. I think you'll like the Tai Chi. I've been doing Qi Gong, using a great DVD made by Deborah Davis called "The Spirit of Qi Gong". Maybe you should check out what she's doing. It's remarkable how good it makes me feel. I love seeing the photos of Chester. He looks so happy!

thecrazysheeplady said...

All that pretty snow??? :-( You'll have a blast with a book like that :-).

margareth said...

How much bad is the sky. I hope you will have no problem with the weather. Thank you for coming on my blog.

Photos by Stan said...

Tai chi!? What a versatile gal -- The baked goods looked yummy--sigh. I chickened out of driving to Brockport and decided to catch up on my photo-editing, posting and following. Have a great weekend!

Terry said...

That looks like a great book! There's no better smell than baking bread.
We had high winds here too, and warmer temps, which really helped cut the snow.

Sharon Creech said...

Oooh, dramatic skies!
And the Tai Chi sounds intriguing - will be interested to hear if you continue. Down here in NC, I've been doing pilates, which I like v. much. xx