Followers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

BRILLIANT....

 And so it goes.  I looked to the East and the sun was coming up.  To the West, the moon was still in sight.
 These two shots were taken through windows....
 By the time I got out to the barn, the sun had exploded.
 Jill and Chester were assisting and we were done so early we picked a couple of pastures.
 At 10:30 Brenda arrived with Tootsie Louise and we spent some time learning more about
Photoshop Elements.  When she sends photographs of her paintings to juried art shows they have to be so many pixels and blah blah blah.  We were trying to figure out the best way to do this.

 At 3:15 I had my second appointment with the chiropractor.  It seems to be helping.

When I got home it looked like this.
 Lots of light in the library and living room.
 Started on dinner before going out to the barn.
 Steamed some asparagus (marinated it with Italian salad dressing...just a little) and boiled a few eggs.
 Then it was chow time for the girls.
 Didn't put them in until a little before 6.  Love having it light longer.


 So here's what I made.  A romaine salad with sweet onion, tomatoes, asparagus, hard boiled eggs, fresh ground pepper and a teaspoon of crumbly blue.  Croutons would have been nice, but I forgot to make some.
 On the side, we had some of the leftover noodles with sauerkraut from last night.
So much for today...
Night all.

7 comments:

Terry said...

Yum!
That photo with the arch framing the round tree is really nice.

Michaele said...

I love that we see the same moon : )
I also love how healthy you (and the horses) eat.

Michelle said...

I love the asparagus and that little scottie dog. What a combo :)

Cloudia said...

crumbly blue! Moon in branches!
You got it ALL here!



Warm Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

Oak Creek Ranch said...

That framed by nature photo of the barn is stunning! Your salad looks yummy -- as I was driving home from work I thought about boiling an egg and making a nicoise kinda salad but by the time I got home.... no energy... making oatmeal instead.

Dreaming said...

Like Terry, I love that photo. The arch and the barn roof line mimic each other. Very cool!

Funny that you mentioned the increasing daylight. I made that comment to myself this evening as well!

Jo said...

Oh I missed the sun and the moon, Lori. Still trying to settle in in a new place and been without Internet. Thanks for bringing peace into my heart with these lovely photos and the calm life on your farm. Who does the DIVINE Scottie belong to? Have a great day and weekend. Hugs Jo