Followers

Saturday, February 25, 2012

ANOTHER DAY OF CRAZY WEATHER....FOLLOWED BY A FEAST

Here we go again.
Woke up to more snow.
When I got out to the barn there was a whiteout and the house disappeared.
Put hay in the run-in and under the shed roof.




By the time Gary and I finished chores it stopped snowing.



Just after he left for Java we had another whiteout.
Fortunately the roads were pretty clear by the time I left for drumming.
Today Khalid had me play a sangba for the first half of the session.  It was fun and different.
We were in a real groove part of the time.

By the time I left the college the sun was attempting to show it's face.  Out for chores at 5:30.
 A little after 6 we left for a dinner at the Klines where we were also joined by Al and Brenda.  You know...our monthly dinner "meeting."
 We started off with a few appetizers at the kitchen counter....
before we moved into the dining room table.
 As usual, Gary was entertaining.
 The first course was an Irish pureed vegetable soup.  So smooth and delish.  This recipe is going in my file and I know Jill would love it.  Annette too.
 As per usual, I made the salad.  Mixed greens, dried apricots, craisins, pears, apples, walnuts and crumbly blue.
Ann made roasted vegetables...
 and a pork loin stuffed with celery, apples and cranberries topped with an apple cider/dijon mustard sauce.  UNBELIEVEABLE!

 Not to be outdone....Brenda created a chocolate mouse topped with whipped cream and chocolate surrounded by lady fingers.

Are you drooling yet?
Night all.

8 comments:

Cloudia said...

you live in a painting, then play music, then feast!

Is Skoog Farm in Heaven?


Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

>< } } ( ° >
><}}(°>

Oak Creek Ranch said...

A feast indeed! I love that picture of the barn in the snow -- the shot where you have the whole barn surrounded by white and Abbe eating under the eaves. Gorgeous!
Where's the recipe for that soup?

Unknown said...

Yes, I'm drooling Lori. That looks a glorious meal.

Sally said...

I agree with Annette...where is the recipe for that soup?


Amazing day of snow...beautiful. Almost a first for this winter!

Dreaming said...

Mmmmm.... and today I 'thought' about starting a diet. I think I gained a pound just looking at that moose!

Birdman said...

Our crazy weather came in Friday night, freezing rain, snow, sleet, hail and SUN at 7AM Saturday. Strange.

Sharon Creech said...

I just gained five pounds by merely looking at your food pics. ohmygosh!!!!!

Terry said...

I know I've said it before, but I'm just crazy about that arch framed view. Beautiful!
Yes, I'm drooling.