Followers

Monday, October 3, 2011

FINALLY....A NO BLANKET DAY

 Started off ify and ended up being a half decent day.
 I was very happy to let the girls go out naked.

My friend Judy stopped up with a simply beautiful outfit from Nigeria.  I will take a picture tomorrow.
Ended up inviting her and Randy for dinner.  Made a quick trip to Wegmans and spent much of the day in the kitchen.

 Peach crisp.
 and stuffed peppers.
Went out to the garden to pick some green tomatoes....the ponies were still hanging in the pasture.
 Back in the house and made some pilaf so I could stuff the peppers.

 added some mushrooms.
 You already know where I was going with these babies.
 The peppers turned out great.
 Set the table....

 Let the dogs out for a run....

 Jill had chore duty.
Randy and Judy arrived at 6:30 and brought along some delicious minestrone soup.  I served the fried green tomatoes with it and took no photos.


 Delish.
After dessert we sat in front of the fire and caught "the Sing Off."  The Rochester group was still in.
Time to hit the couch.
Night all.

6 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

My stomach is rumbling BIG time. I don't know which looks better -- the stuffed peppers or the peach crisp. Yum!!

Terry said...

Those stuffed peppers look so good.

Unknown said...

Delicious looking grub. It makes me (again) regret the size and depth of the pond between us.
Regards, Mike and Ann.

Sharon Creech said...

Love your ease in the kitchen. . .and in the barn . . .and well, everywhere, it seems.

Cloudia said...

how does your day

heal ME?

But it does!

Warm Aloha from Waikiki;

Comfort Spiral



(*)>
/ )
/"



> < } } ( ° >

Gail said...

Your place is simply stunning.