Followers

Monday, July 13, 2015

Hidin' Out

8pm and it's still 87 degrees.
 Hosta-la-way-go.




 After chores I checked out the blueberries (which have started to appear) and wanted to do some weeding in the north garden.  Too buggy.  The good news....my little wire with white rags is keeping the deer out.

 I really have a thing for taking photos of cabbage.  Ours is on a growth spurt.
 Gary finished stacking the wood today.  Almost 900 pieces.

 When the temperature is this high and it's muggy, all I want to do is hang out by a fan.
Sophie has picked this spot for the last several days.
 A picnic dinner tonight.  I did manage to make some macaroni salad this afternoon.
 Went out at 7:30 to tuck the girls in for the night.  It was supposed to rain, but it hasn't happened yet.

Night all.

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

900 pieces, how many would you use each day? I'm sure we use more than that each winter, but do not have any other heating other than wood fires. Your hosta looks beautiful.

The Cranky said...

Your garden is looking fantabulous!

Val Ewing said...

Incredible...my hostas are just starting and they look very good this year.
Our garden ... well it never really had much done to it. At this point half of it is covered and the other half is planted with things like cukes and beans...Lots of sunflowers though! My neighbors love them, and so do I.
We don't use wood...our house is so small...!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Everything looks great! Hot and muggy here too. It did rain last night but I think that made it worse. Oh well, it is July so we should expect it. I swore after last winter I wouldn't complain about the heat but that's getting harder to do each day.

Michelle said...

My husband is working on our woodpile as well. Gotta get ready!