Followers

Monday, April 4, 2011

OOOOO LA LAAAAA!

 Mild...not too bright, but a pleasant enough morning.
 I knew it was going to rain, so I put the hay nets under the shed roof.
 There was a huge pigeon egg in the mud.
 Barb stopped by this morning...helped out with chores for a few minutes.


Around 10 I drove down to the bank, Wegmans and to Wally World to get some cartridges for my printer.  Hurried home to take a quick shower and make a salad.  I was invited to an old-fashioned luncheon at Mary Pat's.
 We started off with a bean dip.
 The table was beautifully set with china and silver....cloth napkins.
 Does this salad look familiar?
 One of her guests brought flowers...spring flowers.
 So feminine....
 Hints of Easter....
 Then it was time to eat...artichoke fritata (how do you spell that?), salad and rolls.

This is Mary Pat (who has appeared in this Journal many times), she was our hostess.
 There were six of us, and it was non stop chatter.


 Above the table, there is a chandelier that MP has decorated.
 Great idea.
 Dessert....homemade cookies....
 and tea.
Home by 3:30.

At 4:30 Gary and I went to a meeting about the Duck Derby.  We stopped for a bite as there was no time for making dinner...Gary had another meeting at 6:30.

On the way home....

  
it was still grey...earlier there was a very heavy downpour.
  
 Changed my clothes and went out to do evening chores.


 Not before I grabbed a few shots from the back porch.  This is where you can really see a difference...I used my PowerShot instead of my little SONY.  That zoom changes everything.












Have to go watch dancing now.  Night all.

11 comments:

Rose - Watching Waves said...

I so enjoyed going through your day with you, beginning and ending with chores (which only you had to do, not me *smile*) and horses. The luncheon looks like such fun! The food, the decor, the flowers, the company. I imagine a ton of laughter and happy chatter! (I'll be watching dancing tonight, too!)

Michelle said...

The luncheon looks like such a great way to reconnect with friends. And, the food looks lovely. I have to say that your horse Abbe is so photogenic. Love the last picture.

Leontien said...

Have fun watching dancing! And your day looked great! But i have no idea how to spell fritata.... haha

Thanks
Leontien

Sharon Creech said...

Love that you and friends make time for lunch together. . .and of course I love these photos of the horses. What are they thinking, what, what, what?

Terry said...

I love a ladies' luncheon. The table was so pretty.

Buttons Thoughts said...

What a great day. Friends, food and help with chores what more could a girl ask for. B

Jill said...

What a fabulous day! Lunch with the girls looks like fun! Love Abbe's mane blowing in the wind.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Great pictures as usual. What a lovely table and wonderful food. I have to find some friends like that who know how to cook. The decorated eggs were beautiful.

Unknown said...

Now it's my turn to be green with envy! I love horses, but my time with them has not come just yet. Your header photo is breathtaking...
Deb

Unknown said...

and... the luncheon with friends was charming... Loved it!
Deb

Sally said...

Great picture of Berlin...third from the last.

Fun day yesterday...good salad, Fritata, et al.