Followers

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Let There Be Light (And Heat)

 A chilly start, but it went up to the mid 50s today and it was positively gorgeous.


 Off came the blankets.

 Lorrie was kind enough to give them a good brushing and they were aired out on the fence.





 My lawn tractor spent the winter in the indoor and would not start today, so I had to drive my car in and jump it.  Fortunately it was a successful effort and I started dragging the outdoor and indoor.  Very soon I will have Gordy come up and he will rototil both and they will be beautious.
 Because the weather inspired me, I overdid it.  Started taking all the vines off the stone wall behind the barn...what a mess.

 I got 2/3 of it done and will have to finish when my energy returns.
 Before chores I did a little more work in the back pasture....


 Another rollieeee day for the 3 piggies.
 Looks like they were performing.
 This morning the temperature was around 30 in the barn....tonight-50.  Can't beat solar heat.



 No cooking tonight...
 Went down the road to the Golden Eagle instead.
Night all.


Not so bright in Daytona today, but 75-80 degrees.

 Grampa's van has come in handy, since they can park on the beach and didn't have to carry everything.




Just a couple more days.  I think they are about ready to come home.

7 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

Yes it WAS gorgeous out today but it looks prettier over by you with your amazing views!

The Dancing Donkey said...

I sure hope this means that the nice weather is headed this way tomorrow. We had16 degrees here last night. It's nice to see that all your ponies are getting along so well.

Stephen Andrew said...

Finally felt like spring here too! It is positively invigorating, isn't it?

Cloudia said...

I see Spring!



ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° > <3

Terry said...

Stone wall? I didn't know you have a stone wall! How cool.

MTWaggin said...

You have some seriously tall buildings on your place.

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous light on the barn!