Followers

Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Saturday Thing....

 After I grained Abbe and Berlin, went upstairs and threw down some second cutting for Gary to stack in the feed room.  Snow had blown in from the high winds, so I cleaned up the area with the help of Phoebe and Gucci.



 What a relief to have a quiet and moderate morning.
 One of my orchids started blooming...it took a year off and I never thought this was going to happen.
 Drumming this afternoon and guess who came with me....
 Jenny and Kristen lasted for two hours and they were really put to the test.  Khalid had us in high gear and was going full speed ahead.  I do believe they (and Karen) could really get into this.  All three are naturals.  Katie will be next on the agenda.


 On the way home I stopped at Weggies for some milk and bananas and ended up buying a meatball sub for dinner.  Too late to even think about starting something.

Home at 5 and out to the barn with my girlies.



 For some reason, coleslaw sounded good to me so I made a quick batch and we pigged out.
Perfect.
Night all.

12 comments:

Cloudia said...

coleslaw! drumming! orchid!

Wow



Aloha
from Honolulu,
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° >
> < } } ( ° >
> < 3 3 3 ( ' >

Terry said...

My favorite orchid is blooming too!

Thirteen Sheep (Or More) said...

So glad your wind let up!

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Yum! Easy and tasty, the best kind of dinner after being out and about.

Brett said...

Curious about the hay. Must be stored in the loft, but how much is up there and how long does it last? Just wondering.

Jo said...

mmm I love coleslaw and the chefs here cannot get it right. Guess I'll have to go and demonstrate it next time. I am fascinated how you all cope in the freezing conditions: humans, dogs, cats, horses. Amazing. We Africans would curl up and not show our noses outdoors. Hope you have a good day, Lori. Blessings, Jo

Martine said...

Your barn looks so cosy!
Meatball sub - Yum!!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Wegmans does have a way of making you add to your shopping cart, doesn't it?

Enjoy your Sunday!

Sonishka: Far and Away said...

Hi :-)

I would like to invite you to participate on my photo project. I have launched Golden Hour 52 Weeks Project and would love to have other bloggers/ photographers to join for fun.

If you are interested, please visit this link: http://sonishka.blogspot.com/2013/01/golden-hour-52-weeks-project.html

Sonishka

Buttons Thoughts said...

MMMM coleslaw now I want some and you know how I feel about drumming COOL.
I look at your hay in the mow and think that this is the first year we have not had one square bale in our barn. We fed it all during the drought and never got any more. This year will be better. Hug B

Michelle said...

Yet again a perfect day!

Gayle said...

So nice that you still enjoy drumming and make the time to go. So fun to have Jenny try it, too.