Followers

Monday, September 28, 2026

Gary's Birthday

Another dreary morning....rained last night.

Today Gary turned 83!  He's still going strong in spite of both of us being gimpy.

He went out for coffee and eventually I headed to Brockport to run a few errands before meeting my friend, Nancy Green, for lunch.
First I went to the Town Hall and renewed Little Wonder's dog license, by noon I was at the Diner for lunch and afterward I went to Hanny's to drop off three boxes of beautiful thread.  I behaved for the most part at lunch.  Had a chicken salad sandwich and took the chips home for Gary.  Did have 5 of Nancy's French fries....bad bad bad.
On the way home I stopped at Wegmans.
Jenny and Finn have had colds the past couple of weeks and are doing well now.  Today I got hit like crazy.  Sneezing, sore throat, achy body....beat, runny nose.  Little Wonder was happy to see me when I got home and I started on a special birthday dinner.

Gary took it easy this afternoon....did a lot of reading.  It would have been even better if the fire was going.
Made some brownies for dessert.
Stephanie had sent us a present a few months ago and it included a couple of filets, which Gary grilled.
I made a salad and some roasted potatoes.  Wouldn't you know....potatoes again.  No salt on mine (not on my filet either)....I only had 6.
LW had his dinner and wanted some of mine.  He lucked out and had a bit of everything.  I Can't believe he likes salad!

A major treat.
Gary got over 120 birthday greetings from his friends and it made his day.
Night all.

4 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Good for Gary and Happy Birthday.
Charlie likes salad too. But if he sees me eat it, it must be good right?
Hannah? Not so sure about that.

Marcy said...

Happy Birthday to Gary! Cherish the husbands. Mine is 88 and still going strong too.

Barbara Anne said...

Wishing Gary a very happy 83rd Birthday!!!
Rob and Barbara in VA

Hugs!

Nancy J said...

Many best wishes Gary, enjoy the year ahead, and celebrate in grand style as the 83 years are a milestone to be enjoyed. From down in NZ as we move into Spring, with warmer days and more sunlight. Your gardens are always a delight to see, both flowers and veges.