Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Samplers

Muggy again and I could feel it.

Another slow start. to the day.  Grabbed a shower and was out in the Studio a little before 10.  Little Wonder was waiting for our guests to arrive.

Anita kept working on her painting from last week
and the rest of the class started on the watercolor sampler.  I showed them mine
and they got started.  First wet on wet....very loose and abstract.



While the sampler's dried, they worked on their flowers and landscapes from the past couple weeks.


Busy Busy and we listened to Chris Wilson's CDs.



I can't wait to see how the samplers are finished.  They can just use paint or add colored pencils, fine marker or......




For several of the students, this was the last class.  A couple will be going to Florida for the winter soon.  5 or 6 will be staying and if there is interest I will add more.
Here is my latest start.  Much bigger.
My friend Alice was here to pick me up before noon as we were going out to lunch.  My first time out and I really made a plan for what I could order.  Picked a chicken salad sandwich on toast with lettuce....had water and stole a couple onion rings from Alice.  Interesting....they are not as bad as French fries.  They gave me chips and pickles but they went home for Gary.


Made a trip to Wegmans for a few things and Gary peeled a ton of apples so I could make more applesauce when I got home.
Took a break and then made dinner.  A Kidney friendly version of Mac and cheese...used Angel hair.  It was very dull and there was enough left for a couple more meals.


Tired.
Night all.
PS
Check out what Scott did to the house today!  Moving right along....



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Skoog Farm Journal. Your comments are appreciated!