Yesterday morning Gary and I were getting ready to go to his 65th Class Reunion (65th)! Before we left Little Wonder and I went out to the studio to figure out the seating for my next class, which starts this coming Wednesday.
This is going to be a very long post, as I took a ton of photos that I want to share with our friends that were there.
Leaving Little Wonder is never easy for me, as he has always been attached to my hip. He loves Jenny and she was kind enough to take care of him. He got in more than a couple of car rides while we were gone, but they stayed at the farm. This is the first time there were no horses or cats and I seldom left the farm for overnights.
Anyway....We got down to Celeron around 3 and checked into the Chautauqua Harbor Hotel, where the reunion was being held.
The original class had over 400 members....but tonight there were only about 65 people there.
Remember....they are all 82 or 83 years old now.
After a very nice meal, anyone who wanted to speak had the opportunity to say a few words.
I hardly know where any of my classmates are and am so impressed that this group has remained very close since they were little kids.
There were a few people there who attended my school (Southwestern) which was about 5 miles from Jamestown (where Gary's school was located). One of them, was John Miller, and I had the best time talking to him and his new wife! 83 years old and they had just gotten married 8 days before the reunion.. How sweet is that? Both had lost spouses during the past few years and they are so happy!
You just never know!!!
I was definately ready to crash after the reunion broke up.
This morning Jen sent us this photo, to give us an update on how things were going.
She was having coffee out by the kitchen garden.
We checked out around 9:15 as we had a breakfast date in Bemus Point with many of our closest pals.
The men sat at one table and the women sat at another. I guess that is how it goes in that neck of the woods. Everyone had a lot to say and it was a good time.
This restaurant is extremely popular and I can see why! The food was amazing. I ordered eggs Benedict, based on the recommendations of two others who ordered it. Big yum. I never do this.
Gary gave Curt a bag full of garlic, shallots and onions before we left the restaurant.
We crossed the bridge at Bemus Point and headed down to Lakewood. When I was a kid I spent so much time on this lake.
We drove by the house where I grew up.
After that, it was tour time. 3 of the couples we were with (they all went to school together) have downsized and we went from house to house to check them out. First....Mike and Barb's.
My very favorite spot was the deck off their living room. I would be out there all the time.
Their last name is Lyons and I have always loved this photograph...(huge)
and this sculpture.
Next we went to Leo and Kathy's. They are having a house built by the Amish.
Last....Susie and Curt's place. She is also into hibiscus plants.
They have only been there a few days and have really made progress. Such and effort to make a move like this when you have had a big house.
As tradition goes....whenever Gary or we are in Jamestown we have to stop at Johnny's lunch, where we pick up a dozen hot dogs with "everything" to take back to Brockport. They will all be gone by tomorrow as Jenny, Scott and the boys love them too.
Our final stop was Eckloff's Bakery. Everything Swedish and we went nuts. Of course, we share this too. The very best almond braids.
We finally got home a little after 4:30 and Little Wonder was a very happy boy.
Night all.













































No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading The Skoog Farm Journal. Your comments are appreciated!