Gorgeous out there this morning, but the temperature ended up at 85 and it got muggy. By 8:30 Little Wonder and I were out at the Studio to see if I needed to turn the air conditioner on.
I only had 5 students today and they were all here by 9:30. This time, my goal was to present a confidence builder using a grid to draw from a photograph (that would eventually turn into their watercolor). The object was to pay attention to what was in each square....not easy to do. They did this on tracing paper first so they could make all their mistakes there and could change it before putting it on the good watercolor paper. No details were necessary. Then, their drawings were placed on top of the transfer paper and they drew over them.....(to get them on the watercolor paper).
Once that was done, they started applying the first layer of paint.
Little Wonder was there the whole time and decided that my students were ok, as he approached them with his smile.
Progress.
Five new blossoms today! This first one is really something....and huge.
Took it easy for awhile this afternoon.
Gary had to clean up the front yard as a huge branch was down from the black walnut tree. He moved 4 loaded wheelbarrows over to the compost.
I think this was the last of the shallots harvest.
Didn't he go out and buy two more plants....as if we don't have enough......
By the time all the branches were moved dinner was served.
I used our first cucumbers for a salad...
and added some angel hair to the leftover meatballs and sauce from last night.
Jenny made it to Germany, but her luggage did not. What a pain.
Night all.

































No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading The Skoog Farm Journal. Your comments are appreciated!