Thursday, September 24, 2026

Delivery

Another cold morning and it's going down into the 40s tonight.


Scott was here early putting more stuff in the dumpster.  We are going to add more too.
Mid morning Dunn's Furniture delivered our two new couches.  I had the old one ready to go and I'll bet some college kids will end up with it.

The two guys doing all the work did a great job.  They had to take the door off to get things in and out.

After they left I went upstairs to check out the loft....the mess met my expectations.  They told us this would happen when they ripped off the roof.
This is the upstairs bathroom...very farm like.  Have to go through it to get to the loft.
Bridge today.  It was my turn to make dessert for the birthday person of the month.  (Ann S.). Gary picked raspberries for me before he went out for coffee at Dan's.
I made biscuits and served raspberry shortcake. Yum.
My partner and I came in second.
So here is one of the couches.  (They are in our kitchen near the wood burning stove.  The room is 18X32 and it is where we spend most of our time).
The other, is protected from LW who likes to look out the window....especially when we are gone.
Didn't go crazy, and picked something very simple....classic.  I would have loved a gazillion dollar leather sectional but Gary would not have liked that.  Besides....they are way too expensive.
We went out for dinner and of course I pushed it.  Had a chicken Cesar wrap and a couple of onion rings.  Gary had to take over the majority of them.
Home before 7.

Before dark I checked out the back garden that was covered with hundreds of pounds of shingles yesterday.  It was not as bad as I expected.
Fortunately the majority of it was fine.
The moon appeared.


Night all.

1 comment:

  1. Leather is quite cold to sit on, those look wonderful, The mess, hope it isn't too hard to clean up. The desert, SO yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading The Skoog Farm Journal. Your comments are appreciated!