Thursday, September 3, 2026

An Important Appointment

I got up extra early this morning as I had to leave the house by 8am for an appointment with a nephrologist.  Even tho I was born with one kidney (and found that out in my 50s) I had never been referred to one by any of my doctors.  Early in August when I had a visit with my PA it was suggested, just so I can have a base line for where I am at this time. 

Before leaving, Little Wonder and I went out for awhile and he was slammed with the sunshine.





I headed in to the Professional building at Unity and had one of the best conversations ever....with the Doctor.
 She spent an hour with me and I learned a lot as she clearly explained so much about all the things in my file from other Doctors.  I left with a very different state of mind.  And that's a positive.
Home for a couple of hours and then headed down to the library for bridge.  My partner and I tied for first place.  You just never know with duplicate.
On the way back to the farm I dropped off a print at one of the stores in Brockport called Bittersweet. One of my past students, who is currently in my class again....did this drawing several years ago and I wanted to give a print to the owner of this store.  The  person working there will give it to her in the morning.
It is a very unique place full of very different clothing.  I checked on several items but went home empty handed.  Ironically, the dressing room was full of paintings and drawings of the building.


Such a cool piece of architecture.
While I was gone, Gary was visited by a roofer who is going to give us an estimate tomorrow. He also had a long conversation with our granddaughter, which made him very happy.
Dinner was a sandwich and chips. I managed to make a delicious batch of chicken salad.
The humidity was terrible today.
Night all.


2 comments:

  1. Humidity is smothering. How wonderful that you got so much info from the doctor. You got one who cared. That drawing and the building, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My provider actually goes over my 'stuff' with me and explains what is going on and what she wants me to do.
    I then in turn politely tell her what I want to do.
    She has asked me to 'slow' up but also go to the gym. And I told her she's known me for 30 years and when have I slowed except for surgical procedures?

    I'm glad you have a wonderful doctor!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading The Skoog Farm Journal. Your comments are appreciated!