Followers

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Getaway....

I love the days (once a month) when I meet
three of my friends for lunch and an afternoon of bridge.
It's like being on vacation.





 We arrived at Hanny's around noon
 and were treated to a delicious lunch.
 Homemade everything!
 A cranberry/orange/pineapple jello salad,
pea soup....
 rolls
 and an almond cake
 topped with strawberries.
She takes good care of us.
There is a huge pond behind her house and today there were
over 25 geese hanging out.



 Such a peaceful setting.

Hanny and Bobby were partners and I played with Lorna.
 We started out with hands like this and were getting pounded.
Fortunately the tide turned and we ended up winning....however, we 
all had high scores.  At one point we laughed so hard our jaws ached.
That had to be so good for us.
 The sun was setting on my way home.
Once again, it waited until just before dark.


 It's going to be very cold tonight...that does not excite me.

 I made a simple dinner.
Salad,
 open faced cheeseburgers on toast...smothered with onions....
and the end of the cauliflower casserole.  Perfect and easy.
 As per usual, Phoebe did not appreciate the snow and
spent much of the day doing her favorite thing.


Night all.

3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

We've got lots of geese in our pond too. It's always good to get out for a day and have fun!

Nancy J said...

A pond and geese right there, what a delight, and dinner looks yummy as always.

Dee said...

Dear Lori, the roll you had at the restaurant (or was that someone's home????) looks like a popover. I've always considered those difficult to make and never tried them. You know, your photos of the meals you eat out or that you prepare at home always have me salivating! You prepare so many meals that appeal to a 40-year-vegetarian like myself. Thanks for sharing! Peace.