Followers

Monday, December 2, 2019

Everything But The Kitchen Sink

We got blasted with snow during the night,
but not as much as some other places in New York State.
 Fortunately the snow blower started right up.
 When it's like this in the winter, I really appreciate having the shed roof.






 By the time I finished chores we got another inch of snow.



 Both dogs went out with me before morning chores while I did a little shoveling.
Then, the usual.  Little Wonder stayed out in the barn with me and Phoebe took
it easy in the house.

Gary spent much of the day putting the finish coat on the dining room.


 For some reason I was in the mood for a pot of hearty soup.
Beans and greens or something with all kinds of veggies....minestrone?
I started with some chicken stock and a bag of our (frozen) sauce.
Then I added carrots, onions and a little green cabbage.
 Made a quick trip to Weggies to pick up Polish sausage and a couple other things.
Sauteed that with onions and dumped it in the soup along with some small shells,
spinach and beans.
 Salt, fresh ground pepper, and Romano cheese.
 Gary painted until it was time to eat.  Tomorrow he will have to do the 
windows and French doors and it will be all done.


 Just perfect when it's dark and cold outside.

Night all.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Paint, love the colour .I think the prep and the sanding is the worst part of all this.

Val Ewing said...

Lots of work going on at your place! Not much here. I'm glad to see that you didn't get totally nailed by the snow storm! Yikes!
I'm enjoying a mild week.