Followers

Sunday, October 27, 2019

I Took The Day Off....

In the past couple of days we have gotten 2 inches of rain.
We are back to serious mud and a flooded outdoor arena.
I had to take an umbrella with me out to the barn, but by the time I
finished cleaning stalls...


 the sun blasted through the clouds.







 Doesn't this look lovely?













 I had a busy day ahead of me, so I decided to make something in the crock pot
(after I made a quick trip to Wegmans and the feed store).
Polka Kielbasa, cabbage, onions, carrots, 1 tomato, chicken stock, cider vinegar
and a little brown sugar, salt and pepper.  It cooked all afternoon.
 At 12:30 I went down to the Presbyterian Church to play some music with the Buskers.
Every 4th Sunday they provide a meal for anyone in the community who would like to partake.
Many of the other churches also take one Sunday per month.  It's a very nice service.
 I believe I had missed the past 5 or 6 jams.  Today I just wanted to put music over campaigning
and this was the perfect way to spend a few hours.
For us, it was the usual Sunday Jam....just in a different room.
For the diners, it was entertainment.
 We had a great time and were so appreciated.



 The meal was finished and the people left at 2:30.  We were ready to quit when Lauren arrived,
so we played until 3.  The Pastor said they have never had an audience that participated so much!
I have a feeling that we will do this again.
We were really winging it today, but hey!  it was fun.
At 4:15 I met Mary down at Nativity Church as we were invited to an Open House.
They have been working on a new addition for months and now it is ready to be used.
(this is the back of the church)
The new addition is a huge space filled with a kitchen, classrooms, new bathrooms and more.
This area will be perfect for large group receptions and activities.  They did not miss a trick.





 What a beautiful church.
 I got home in time to throw some potatoes into the crock pot and then went out for chores.


 Maggie and Rebel had done some serious rolling....so did Angel.

 Berlin was the only clean horse.


 Got them tucked in around 6:15.
 If you think it's dark early now, wait until next week.





 Dinner was delicious.  Served it with apples, cheese and Chet Fery's rye bread.
Night all.

1 comment:

Helen said...

When I looked at the first horse pictures of your post, I thought, 'oh boy, they're going to be mud covered by the end of the day.' And yes...they were. lol