Followers

Thursday, August 22, 2019

The Clarkson Academy

THIS POST IS FOR WEDNESDAY.
For some reason it did not go up at the right time.

Another busy day.
We got a fair amount of rain last night, but it was over by the 
time Rebel and the girls finished breakfast.








 At 10:15 I headed down to the Clarkson Academy
to present an art lesson.
 The Historical Society had the school house restored
 and for the past six years they have been hosting a camp
for 4th and 5th graders
 to learn cursive writing
(among other things)

It's a very authentic space....original floors and old fashioned desks.

 I introduced the kids to contour line drawing
as learning to "see" is very important.


 There were several adults there, teaching and participating in my lesson.
 All the kids were very cooperative and they caught on quickly.
















 Can you tell which ones were done by the adults?
Tomorrow morning I will go back and teach them part 2.
They will be doing a contour drawing on a blank card, write a note in cursive on the
inside, and mail it to a friend or family member.

When I got back to the farm....once again I spent a COUPLE HOURS trying
to get my printer to work.  What a drag!  Changing the router has caused me 
GREAT PAIN!!!!! It's still not working.  I can't print!

A dozen people were coming for a pot luck dinner tonight and I decided
to have it in the Studio.
 Everyone brought a dish....




 and it was delicious!

 We had a surprise visitor, who was out campaigning in the area.
Shani Curry Mitchell is running for District Attorney and we were
happy to have the opportunity to chat with her.


Now, it's time to rest.
Night all.

1 comment:

Nancy J said...

Not sure about which was drawn by adults? I think they all show great representation of someone they know and way better than anything I could ever do. Love the writing, and tomorrow, that will be exciting.