Followers

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Half An Inch Of Rain This Morning

Rebel and the girls had to stay in a little longer this morning until 
some thunder and lightning let up.
 It was still raining when we turned them out.
Maggie and Angel were in the small pasture....
 Berlin and Rebel had the rest.....

 One year ago today I did exactly the same thing, and I'm very
happy to say that they got along like old times.







 After chores I dropped some green tomatoes off to my friend Sara,
then I made a quick stop at Mary's and ended up at the Farm Market.
I expected to see Ian and his wife performing, but apparently they did not make it.
 A tomato sandwich for lunch.  One thick slice was all I needed,
it was so big.






 The rain really made a difference.
 Phoebe was doing alright today....just very slightly off.
 We celebrated Finn's birthday tonight.
I made a salad (greens from Mary's garden, peaches from Watt's Farm,
blueberries from Buck and Kristen's Farm, onions, strawberries and 
raspberries from our gardens.  Added candied walnuts and crumbly blu).
 Jenny made rice
 Asagio chicken with mushrooms
 and green beans.
 Everything was delicious.
 I had chore duty and went out to tuck the ponies in.
 By then it was very hot and muggy.

 First, Rebel and Berlin walked to their stalls, then I let Angel and Maggie come in.
Angel was acting very marish when she walked by Rebel.
 Scott and Jenny came out to welcome Rebel, then they headed home.

 Time to cool off and take it easy.
Night all.

1 comment:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hot and very muggy here too with thunderstorms and good streaks of lightning this evening.

I'm glad that Rebel is settling back in and it was a good day in your corner of the world!