Followers

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Ahhhh....Took the Afternoon Off

It was cool enough for me to wear a sweatshirt this morning.

 Rebel and the girls have not been very interested in any hay, until they go in for the night.
 Apparently we have enough grass, as they are all fat and happy.






 After chores I picked a couple baskets of tomatoes.

 Smaller ones to share with my friends at bridge....

 and San Marzanos for sauce.
 Gary was on duty for that.
 Before going to play cards, I organized some books that we will be hanging in
Sagawa Park.  We are hoping kids will find them and then hide them for others
after they have been read.



 I arrived at Hanny's at noon.
 She made one of my favorite lunches.
A big salad with chicken and home made blue cheesed dressing.

 The porch provided the perfect setting when it was time to start playing.
 Delicious snacks
 and bread pudding with peaches for dessert!
Hanny is a fabulous baker.

 Bobby and I got skunked in bridge, but I was very happy with the last
two hands I played and made.
Thank you Hanny....it was a perfect afternoon.

When I got back to the farm, the kitchen smelled so good.
Gary had made the sauce and it was cooling.
 I took a two hour nap!
Why?  Because last night I was up very late
watching "A Star is Born."

Night all.



No comments: