Followers

Monday, May 13, 2019

Maybe We Could Have A Little More Rain....

It's been just plain ugly out there.




 After chores I had to think of something to make for dessert as I was going to the 
CommunityCenter for lunch and a meeting with the seniors.  We had a brownie mix, some confectionary sugar and walnuts, so I made them in a big pie plate, topped with butter cream frosting (had no vanilla so I added a heaping teaspoon of peach jam to give it a little zip) and finished off
with walnuts.
 This time the association provided sandwiches, chips, salad and drinks.
A ton of desserts were brought in.


 Not that many people showed up....maybe 20 or so.
Our meeting was pretty exciting....lots of discussion.

Afterward I had to pick up a new set of "rabbit ears" as we are refusing to pay more money
for cable television.  It has gotten ridiculous.  When you think of how much people are paying
for cable, phone, computer hook up and cell phones it is INSANE!!!!  We are such a needy culture while there are kids with no food.  Between that and what is spent on eating out....
what has become of us?????
As I was driving out of the very busy parking lot, there were several mama geese and dozens of
babies too close to the road!

 After getting one of the tvs set up ( I needed to call for help)
we had chicken soup and leftover sandwiches (from lunch) for dinner.
 The tulips on our kitchen table are pooping out.  We have a fire going and they probably are
reacting to the heat.
 Gary did not have to work at Sara's today.  Too wet.  Taking a nap or two was more like it.

Night all.


PS
Today is Ariana's Birthday.
21! and loving Boise State!







1 comment:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Happy Birthday to Ariana! 21 is a landmark birthday. I've had enough of this rain and wind and cold. It's been just miserable here too. Last night I actually put gloves on during bring in at night. My fingers were freezing. I mean enough it's almost June.