Followers

Saturday, May 4, 2019

Beyond a Marathon

A crazy start to the day.
 I let the dogs out and there was a trailer full of hay parked in the driveway.
Karen's delivery was here almost half an hour before she was starting chores.
 While she unloaded the hay in the loft, I helped get the horses turned out.

 Another grey, yucky day.

After chores I took a quick shower and drove down to the Highway Department
to help as a volunteer with the Rabies Clinic.  There was a very long line
20 minutes before it was to open.

About 400 dogs and cats go through this process, which is free.
You can also buy your license from the Town Clerk if you need one.
So many sweet pups.
 When there was a lull, I called Jenny and she brought Buster up for his shot.
 After I left, had just enough time to go to the Swap and Shop to pick up some hay nets (5).

Got back to the farm, fed the dogs and changed my clothes before going down to
St. Lukes,  where our Celebration Forrest performance was taking place at 3.  We arrived at 12:45
and it took us a long time to set up and do sound checks.
They have a tv in their rec hall (where we put all our gear) and you could hear and watch
everything going on in the front of the church.
 We had a gazillion amps, mics and chords all over the place.


Here are a few clips from our sound checks and performances.
Of course I was unable to video ours (She Sings).





The audience was asked to participate when Lori sang "Sylvie."

After the Busker groups performed, Dusty Road presented a set.


 Lori Staubitz organized this event and tied everything together
with her stories about trees.  The whole purpose was
to plant more trees in our community,
Bill Heyen, one of our favorite poets, opened with two of his poems.
 It was a fun experience and we got many compliments.

After we broke everything down,  Jenny, Gary and I met for a couple appetizers at a local Bistro, then I headed over to the Emily Knapp Museum to check things out.  This was "A Night at the Museums" in our town and the turnout was off the charts.  By that time I was pooped and only hit two out of 6.
 I had donated posters (created by my students 21 years ago) for the visitors.
Here are a few photos of the Street of Shops.
I made a few sketches for Sue Savard over two years ago and Doug Bull turned them into this!
He did an amazing job.


 I don't think they have ever had so many visitors.




 When I left, ran into these two on their way in.
The Drs. Macpherson.
I can't remember having a college president so committed to our community.
She has made such a difference.
 From there, I headed home and stopped at the Farmer's Museum.
 They too, were having a terrific turnout.


 And who did I run into?
JW Cook, his first stop.
 Donny G. was the host in the barn, loving all the attention!
I'm done.
Night all.


2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Phew!!! or should that be WOW!!! The music, the voices, a truly beautiful setting, that stained glass window, you could not ask for more.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Wow! A great day but how do you keep up and do it all!