Followers

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Bartering

There was a lot to do today from morning 'til night.
I went out to do chores earlier than usual




 as I needed to give Gary a ride down to the college.
He was participating in a National Conference for
Migrant Health.  After leaving there I got gas for my car
and noticed a boat parked at the Welcome Center.  The 
Canal just opened and we have now started getting visitors.
 I finished chores when I got back to the farm...
by then the temperature had risen and it was gorgeous.





 At 10:30 Carina and her three kids came over as we were doing a 
little bartering.  I gave her rhubarb and some tomato plants and in return
 we got 10 spectacular cinnamon/raisin breakfast rolls, a loaf of Italian
bread and a loaf of challah.
Perfect timing for the dinner party we are having tomorrow night.
(the board members from the conference are coming here for dinner)
The kids could not wait to get in the paddock with the horses.
 Angel approached them right away and must have felt their gentleness
 as she stuck around for a long time.





 Berlin was curious and she came over.
 Levi gave her a kiss....precious.
 After a short tour I needed to get back to lawn mowing and they did not want to leave.
 One of these days I will let them get on Rebel and will take them for a walk around the indoor.

 They are all so comfortable around the horses.
 I've never seen so many blossoms on the apple tree.  Hopefully we will have a LOT of apples.


 Gary has done so much work in the gardens, and I'm afraid only half of them are done.
We have way too many and there was no way he could get them done before tomorrow.
 When I mowed out back, the horses were all hanging out inside.

 Seymour was snoozing in one of the gardens.
 I picked some flowers and set the table.

 By then I had run out of gas and will leave the rest for tomorrow.
I'm making some of my favorite appetizers, peach shortcake, salad, grilled veggies.
Fried chicken and Mac and cheese are being brought from The Farmer's Table
by the owners (who are joining us for dinner).
Tonight I had a meeting at the Library and
on the way home I stopped at Wegmans to buy all the ingredients for the meal.
Now I am so tired.
So are Little Wonder and Phoebe.


Night all.


2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I love when the little ones are around horses and love to watch the horses interact with them. Your gardens are beautiful. I'm not surprised you were pooped out! Have a great party.

Val Ewing said...

I have trouble just keeping up with my small gardens! That is a lot of work!
I mowed yesterday for the second time and it is still so wet that I could only do part of the yard.
Your place looks utterly amazing.