Followers

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Sympathy Pains?

So last night after I finished my post, Gary let the dogs out and when they came in Little Wonder was favoring his left front leg!  He was pretty gimpy and kept holding it up and would only walk if he had to.  I even carried him outside for a potty break before going to bed....and he weighs a ton.  What's with this front left thing?  Guess he doesn't want Rebel to get too much attention.

After a good nights sleep he seemed to have improved a fair amount.  We woke up at 6am
 and he was
 willing
 to go
 outside on his own.
 I wondered how I was going to sneak out to do chores without him.
Nothing worked, so both dogs joined me.  He spent much of the time 
in the stalls with me.

 The temperature was supposed to hit 60 today.  I'm not sure if it made it,
but it was going to be warm enough for Rebel and the girls to go naked.
Before I could get Angel and Maggies blankets off....this happened.

What a mess.  I took them off and put them on the paddock fence to drain.
Of course Rebel rolled.  Berlin did not.

 The pastures are a wreck.



 Fat chance Rebel was going to keep his boot dry.








 We were invited to have lunch with our friends, Joanne and Jim C. and 
it was the first time to meet their pups.
This is Murphy.


 His partner in crime is Manley.  What a sweet pair.
 Lunch was delicious, and after having a chance to catch up,
we went over to Oak Orchard for a meeting.  We are working on the plans for a Farm to Table fundraiser.
 Little Wonder was doing pretty well when we got home.


 Now the the snow has melted (95%) a little spring is showing.
 Before it was time for the horses to go in for the night I went out to groom them.
 Rebel's boot was not looking good, so I took it off and cleaned his wound.
 Eventually the girls came in and I kept him in the aisle so the air could
dry things out.



 He is such a cooperative boy.  The Vet is coming tomorrow morning
and I am not looking forward to the length of time it 
is going to take to get through this.
He is sound, his temperature is normal and he is acting the same as usual.

 Dinner was simple.
I had made chicken soup and just had to add the noodles.
 Gary had chicken salad on a sandwich and I put it on greens.
 Love leftovers.
 Now I'm looking forward to hanging out with Wonder dog and his best pal
while I fall asleep watching tv.
Night all.



2 comments:

Cloudia said...

Bless you and your dear animals✨

Grey Horse Matters said...

You've got a muddy mess there for sure. We have lots of mud too and they ALL rolled in the mud. Must feel good. Hope all the limbs heal quickly and you get a good report from the vet.