Followers

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Always Learning

It was pretty cold this morning when I went out to the barn.
That was good, as it would not be so muddy for Rebel.






 After getting back in the house, I put a call into my friend Andrea (of Glen Darach Farm) as she is the most knowledgeable person I know when it comes to horses.
Still having concerns about Rebel's wound and she said she would come out this
afternoon and assess the situation.

We did have some sun and Sidney took full advantage.
He sleeps in the dogs beds as much as they do.

 And look at this!  I threw out the droopy flowers and cut back those remaining.
They have been on my kitchen table for almost a month!

 Andrea called me at 3 and was on her way, so I grabbed the Rebel and put him in
the tack/grooming room and took off his wrap and boot.


 I did not touch it before she arrived so she could see it as is.
Actually, it seemed a little better than yesterday.  So, she applied
a salve that tends to dry things out and we rewrapped him.
Of course he was a perfect gentleman.

 In the meantime, I gathered up 40 years worth of accumulated tack and blankets
and threw in a trailer hitch.  Even some English riding boots, bits and more.
I'm only keeping what I need.  Why should it sit there doing nothing?
I used to have 6 horses....now just Berlin and Rebel and she can't be ridden.
Anyway, I gifted it to Andrea and she will either use it or give to her horse boarders or friends.  What a good feeling!

There may be more.
In the spring I am going to have Gary repaint the pealing ceiling in the tack room
and then it will be pristine (not fancy).
 By the time Rebel was turned back out with the girls
it was time for evening chores.
 Didn't Maggie go roll in the water again?????
And then in the indoor, grinding the footing into her blanket.




 At 3 this afternoon a friend called and invited us to go out to dinner with him.
We accepted and he made reservations at the Holley Falls Grill for 7.
The sun was setting as we drove down to Brockport to pick him up.


 Gary and I had corned beef and cabbage
 and Bill had shepherds pie.
So sweet of him to invite us.
Home before 9.
Night all.


4 comments:

Nancy J said...

A meal out at the end of the day, total bliss.

Val Ewing said...

Busy day for you and I am glad that Rebel is doing well. My mules delight in either snow bathing or mud bathing right now. But they do enjoy the wonderful March sun.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Well, I had to scroll waaaaaay back to see what on earth happened. Good to catch up though. That much be one heck of a wound :-(.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Good to hear Rebel seems to be doing better. Maggie is like a professional mud roller! She really gets into it. Dinner looked delicious.