Followers

Thursday, December 13, 2018

An Accident

This morning I was very happy to see the sun.










 A nice break for Rebel and the girls.






 The dogs and cats had to appreciate it.






 I did a few things around the house, then ran a couple errands before going
to a Town/Gown meeting at 3:30.
 On the way home I stopped at Wegmans and picked up a roasted chicken
and made mashed potatoes, peas and a salad to go with it.
There was a concert tonight for the 7th and 8th grade orchestra
chorus
and band.
Cooper plays the trumpet and we did not want to miss it!
He did a great job!
We were on our way home at 8:30 and a mile before the farm a 
deer smashed into the front of my car (Gary was driving).  It was killed on impact,
all the air bags came out, and the car smelled like it was burning.
We were both ok, but it was not my favorite experience.
A neighbor gave me a ride home and Gary waited for the Sheriff and the tow truck.
Now what?  I guess I'll find that out tomorrow.
Night all.


PS
Today (out of the blue) I received a gorgeous book
from a friend I have not see in decades!
What a beautiful surprise.
Thank you Janet.
This sure made my day!

3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Well, it looked like a good day until the accident. Glad you or Gary weren't hurt. We hit a deer once and it was awful but our air bags didn't pop. How nice of your friend to send you that book, it looks like a good one.

Mike said...

The great thing is that neither of YOU were hurt. I take it that venison will be on the Skoog Christmas menu this year?????

Val Ewing said...

Ouch on the accident, but I am glad you guys are not hurt. You may feel it though tomorrow.