Followers

Monday, September 10, 2018

Big Rain.....

 There must have been some serious wind last night as a pretty hefty
branch was on the ground under the willow tree.
Not only that, it had rained for hours.
It slowed down to a sprinkle by the time I turned the horses out.






 Fortunately all four were able to cooperate under the shed roof.

 Phoebe went back in the house early and Little Wonder and I got wet.
 It was so late by the time we got back in the house I wore my barn clothes to 
a meeting at The Farmers Museum.  The Harvest Festival is this coming Saturday
and we were wrapping up the final plans.




 I got home with enough time for lunch and a shower before going down to the Rec Center for a Senior Association meeting.  After that, a quick stop at Wegmans.  The
gardens continue to be very healthy.




 By the way, the temperature was about 55 degrees and the house was cold.
Gary started our first fire of the season and I can't wait to get out there
when I'm through posting this.
 Diner was leftover chicken soup 
 and a salad (romaine, clementines, grapes, banana, apple and poppy seed dressing).
 A great mix of flavors.



We are going to have a nice quiet evening.
Night all.


3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

The gardens look beautiful. Was 55 here too and raining all day. I’m glad for the cooler temps though.

Nancy J said...

I would be by the fire too. Dinner looks so yummy.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Hopefully you don’t get any hurricane. Mommy misses east coast “real” fooooood
Lily & Edward