Followers

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Rebel Had Visitors Today....

It was raining when the pups and I went out for morning chores.
Karen fed and it took us a long time to set up everything for the horses.
Berlin and Rebel were in the big back pasture and had the main barn run-in.
Maggie and Angel had the smaller pasture, shed roof and the indoor.
I'm still not ready to put all of them together.
 By the time we turned them out it stopped raining.
 Within the first ten minutes Maggie rolled in the outdoor arena.
Can you tell that we got a LOT of rain?
We closed the gate so she would not go back in there.

 Berlin and Rebel were fine together, but she was not comfortable going in the barn with him.  Fortunately it was much cooler today.
 Little Wonder got rained on....

 Phoebe didn't.  She stayed on the barn porch.


 I finally caught the moonflower blossoms.
Too bad they were not fully opened.

 Rebel's first visitor was our friend and watercolorist extraordinaire, Brenda C.

 She lost her horse last year and I'm sure he is missed.....Bill.
 If the weather stays like this, I am going to start riding this hunk!
 Another new blossom today.


 Next....we had visitors from Switzerland!




 They were guests of the Jim C. family and wanted to spend some time with the horses.
 I put them in a little early as we went to the Johnson House for dinner
with Bill A. and Eric, who is here with the Lois McClure.
Eric is the Captain of this Schooner, which has stopped in Brockport many times and is known as the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum. 
It has been visited by thousands as it passes through the Erie Canal.
The Lois McClure was launched at the Burlington Waterfront in July , 2004
(Currently she has a crew of 10, and Gary is taking them some veggies in the morning.)
We all had delicious dinners and were home before dark.

 I made a quick trip out to the barn to check on Berlin's new boyfriend.

 All was quiet and all four got a piece of apple.
Night all.


PS
I have to send out a message to Ellen G. who has been reading my Journal for years.
Today I received two very thoughtful cards from her that brought me to tears.
One was about the loss of Abbe and the other was about Rebel coming to our farm.
She knows all about Forrestel Farm.
I hope she will come for a visit.

PPS
Tomorrow I will be at the Farm Market making music
with my friends Nancy B. and Lori S.
A trio for a change.
Should be fun.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Rebel and Berlin are getting along great! Looks like he takes it all in stride and nothing bothers him.

The flowers are gorgeous!

Nancy J said...

All Looking mighty fine up your way. Hope you get on that saddle very soon.