Followers

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Buskers

 Finally....my first sunrise photo in ages.
 Today Karen dragged all the mats out of Abbe's stall so I could finish stripping it.
When that was done I put down some lime and will let it sit for a couple of days.
 I want it to be in good shape in case I am able to lease a horse.





 Gary is still working in the gardens.  Never ending, but they are looking very good!




 He had duty at the Welcome Center and a little after noon I went down to Sagawa Park as our jam group played for a couple hours at the Arts Festival.













 Very different being all acoustic, but it was a nice time.
 I was back at the farm by 3:30, and dragged the indoor to get rid of the tire tracks.
 As soon as I finished the girls came in for a roll.

 Our first glads are starting to bloom.
 Dinner was simple.
 A fresh salad (all from our garden) and leftover sweet potato salad.
We are on a vegetarian roll.
 Evening chore duty.
 Berlin is not back to normal.  In the morning she does not want to finish 
her breakfast and for the past two days she did not finish her hay cubes from
the night before (she does finish her grain/ beet pulp and soaked alfalfa pellets) and continues to eat some of her hay.
 Her favorite thing is the grass in those beautiful pastures.

 We all appreciated the lack of humidity today!
Night all.


2 comments:

Nancy J said...

How different life is for you and the girls now, Berlin will slowly adapt I am sure. And Abbe's stall, maybe another will fill the gap, and have a place in your heart too. I have vowed not to adopt another stray, but my friend is not so sure.The gardens look wonderful, those zinnias, fantastic colours.

Val Ewing said...

Things are looking good. Gary sure loves gardening! I've had 'a week' and hopefully things will go easier.
I love your stalls, so nice!