Followers

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Good Morning Glory!

Another comfortable start to the day!
Our morning glories have started blooming

and a new hibiscus blossom was almost open.



When it's cool, chores seem like a piece of cake.






 Between yesterday and today I shredded a couple of big bags of paper
and started loading up Abbe's stall.  So soft now.



 Gary did a lot of watering in the gardens and was kind enough to vacuum out my car.





 He picked up Jenny at 11 to do some plant shopping for her house, so I sent her
some romaine and a container of cherries.
At noon I drove down to the village and checked out the farm market before our jam started.  Did not buy anything as we have so much at home.
 We are so fortunate to have this gallery on Sunday afternoons.
 This is Catherine, the gallery owner.
She joined us.




The last time I made lasagna, I put all the leftover makings in a big loaf pan and froze it.  Today I thawed it out along with some sauce and meatballs and slid everything 
in a crockpot so I would not have to turn on the oven.  Slick.
Did not take long to heat it up and I just may make it this way the next time.
 By late afternoon, the hibiscus blossom was completely open and the color
was different because of the light.



 Gary picked up these to hanging plants when he and Jenny went shopping.
We are loaded.
 Dinner was easy.
All I had to do was make a salad.

 I had chore duty tonight....


 and the girls were happy to get tucked in.

Night all.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Hi Lori, your blooms are beautiful. As always I love the dogs and horses. Enjoy your day. Jo

Val Ewing said...

Everything looks wonderful! I have been pretty much offline for a while.
Between guests and the heat ... and places to go, it has been wonderful.
Love the crock pot idea, I will keep that in mind.
Flowers? I could always have more! Love your yard and all the photos!

thecrazysheeplady said...

I should try some crockpot meals!