Followers

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Another Full Day

The weather has morphed into what I can handle.
70s and low humidity.











 At 10am Gary and I drove down to the village and attended a service
for Joe Kandor, who passed away earlier this week.  
He was so loved by this community.  People we have not seen for years were there.
A very emotional and beautiful service.
 On the way home we stopped at Country Max as there was a sale
on shavings and we loaded up Gary's van.







 I went out to the garden to pick some romaine, as I needed to make a salad
tonight for our monthly dinner with Brenda, Al, Ron and Ann.

 Everything is finally growing.







 Just when it was time for me to tuck the girls in, 
it started raining.


 We arrived at Brenda and Al's a little after 6:30


 and had another spectacular meal!

 Duck with a cherry sauce, turkey with gravy, corn pudding, red potatoes,
cranberries and my salad.
 Ann brought a Pina Colada parfait for the grand finale.
 I'd say that our monthly dinners would give some restaurants
a run for their money.
Back home before 10.
Night all.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

And a Master Chef from the current series would agree. The prices at a #1, 5 star restaurant would frighten off even the most hungry person, Your meal looks so delicious.

Grey Horse Matters said...

That Pina Colada parfait looks delicious!