Followers

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Butternut Squash Fries...

I have not been catching the sunrises lately, but we have had several bright
days in a row.







 Little Wonder was very happy that Pam was in class today.
He looks forward to all the attention she gives him.





 One of my students (Anita) brought me a jar of sourdough starter which I promptly
turned over to my favorite baker (Carina) a couple of weeks ago, and today she presented me with the first loaf.  It was still warm when I got back to the farm and we had to do a taste test!  Delicious!
 Gary has been working on the hall and stairway and will have completed painting it soon.  He had to do some wall repairs first as we had a leak that made a mess last year.
After we had all new windows put in, he was motivated to paint the entire upstairs.
4 bedrooms, a bathroom and now this.  
I will take you on a tour when everything is set up.

The other day when I was at Wegmans, Chef Paul was giving out samples of these delicious fries.  Not potatoes!  His were crinkle cut butternut squash fries.
I just happened to have a squash at home so I cut it into thick strips.  The recipe called for a tablespoon of dried sage....voila!  Right outside the kitchen our sage plant from last summer was sticking out of the snow and Gary picked enough leaves for me to throw in a pan with melted butter (browned).  Then, I added the squash and continued turning it for about 12 minutes until it was soft.

 I served it with open faced organic cheeseburgers with fried onions,
the squash fries and coleslaw.
Flavorific!
You have to try this!
Night all.

1 comment:

Nancy J said...

A superb meal, I must try those fries, we can get butternuts here easily, in the years we don't grow them ourselves.