Followers

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A Souper Day...


 An ugmo day.
The company repairing our barn roofs called last night and said they were coming this morning.  I told them to forget it.  Way too much snow.
A lot of damage was done last March and I have waited this long to get something done.  Pretty sad.  The shingles were delivered in November and sat outside all winter.
I will be so happy when this project is over!



 After chores I went to Agape.
20/20/10
 I had made lemon/chicken/rice soup the other day and finally was able to 
taste it for lunch.  The cantaloupe that has been sitting out the counter was just
right, so I cut it open.
 I had some tomatoes that needed to be used, and this afternoon 
started on another pot of soup.
Not sure what to call it.  Diced onions and Polish sausage...

 then added chopped tomatoes and carrots.
 Sliced up some cabbage
 added boiling water and some "Better Than Bouillon" (chicken),
a shot of cider vinegar, a little brown sugar and a big squirt of ketchup.
For color, I threw in a can of French style green beans.
 After those flavors blended I added 1/2 cup of Orzo.
Then I put in some computer time, listened to my book, and fell asleep.

 By late afternoon it started to snow....
 big flakes.
 Gary was on his own for dinner as I went to a 5:30 meeting at the High School.
 Our local Parents put this together and I'm sure it was in response to the shootings in Florida.  Has your community acted on this?
 There was a great turnout and all had the opportunity to ask questions after the presentation by the Director of Security.

 I was very impressed and happy to hear all of the things that are in place and available to our students and their families.  A video was made of the presentation for all to see.
It's so smart to be proactive like this.
I'm quite certain that students all over the country are going to be participating in walk outs and marches, regardless of their school's policies.  Hopefully, administrators  and faculty members will work with parents and community members to support these kids in way that will benefit all.  Discussion is so important.

I got home a little after 7:30 and could not wait to try the 2nd soup of the day
with pumpernickel bread, extra sharp cheddar cheese and apples.
Off duty tomorrow.
Night all.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

How incredibly sad and frightening that students and teachers need to do a drill for a shooting attack. So good to see communities rallying together.

Dee said...

Dear Lori, you've done it again---made me salivate while reading your posting and looking at your cooking photographs. I'm think that I, too, might make a big pot of soup because the days are so cold here. No snow, but much wind making for a real wind chill.

I've signed up to march on March 24th in a nearby town. My niece will take me there and walk with me. It's truly like the biblical quote: "And a little child shall lead them." The children and youth are leading us. Peace.