Followers

Friday, February 23, 2018

Get That Grill Goin'

Grey all day.


I guess it has been warm enough for these green things to pop through the dirt.
Always worry what will happen when it snows again.


 Company for dinner tonight, so I started preparing for it this morning.
Organic chicken, onions, pineapples and my own marinade.
 I set the table and cleaned the house after lunch.
 By 3:15 it started to rain and all the girls were under the shed roof
except for Abbe.  She stood out in the downpour and got soaked.
By 3:30 they were tucked in their stalls.




 After a major search I finally found our skewers so I could get the 
shish ke bobs ready for the grill.
 Then I got all the veggies cut for the stir fry dish.
 I tried a new rice today...it was a blend.
Made it like pilaf.
 Then I started the stir fry.
onions
 celery
 carrots
 cabbage
 peppers
 and finally, snow peas.
 Lori and Ward, our dinner guests, brought a beautiful salad and a bottle of wine.

 After I grilled some of The Breadman's 
roasted red pepper bread, we were ready to eat.
 What a meal!
I forgot to take a photo of our dessert.
Vanilla pudding over bananas topped with slivered almonds and fresh whipped cream.
 Very farmie.
This is the first time we have gotten together for dinner with Lori and Ward and is was an absolute pleasure.  Lots of good conversation.....
It's late.
Night all.

3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

What a great meal! We often do grill in the cold temps, but not this year. It is too icy next to the grill and I think it is frozen in enough so we cannot move it.

Buttons alias Grace said...

I truly wished I lived closer to you. This looks like it was delicious. Hugs B

Jo said...

What a yummy looking meal. I love that your friend and you share a name. You asked whether the kitty at the shop stays there or goes/comes home. Missy belongs to one woman, who has a large Africa shop filled with hides and horns and other natural items. The cat sleeps in there at night. A lady manning the bottle store next to me and I share the cat during the day. meaning we help keep an eye on her and have her in our shops for periods to give her first mama a break. Apart from being spoiled with three doting moms, Missy is petted and fussed over by dozens of visitors walking along the veranda. Have a good day. Jo