Followers

Friday, February 16, 2018

Almost Gone

Soggy with hardly any snow this morning.
 As predicted, there was a lot of standing water in the back pasture.
 I think the high was 40 degrees and it went down from there.
Both pups have been going to the barn with me for days, enjoying all the mud.






 After we got back in the house I changed my clothes and went to Agape.
Now that I have decent headphones I am listening to my books on Kindle in comfort while on the elliptical, bike and treadmill.
It sure makes time fly.
 On the way home I made a quick stop at Wegmans.


 The sun was bright and I was energized.
The first thing I made was chicken soup for tomorrow.
 Then I prepared veggies for a stir fry.
 The sun was setting and I was ready to make dinner.
 I took the organic drum sticks out of the chicken stock and put them in the oven with onions,
soy, a little Italian dressing and a shot of sweet and sour sauce.
 Then I put a little oil in the Wok and added onions and cabbage...
carrots
 celery
 peppers
 and finally snow peas.
I finished the veggies off with a combination of soy sauce/tiny bit of cider vinegar/water and corn starch for a thickener to add a little zip.  (wisked together before adding)

 All was served with rice and my usual....bananas.
Really good!
Time to get out by the fire.
Night all.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Was in the 50’s today. Cold and windy now. Good for you for exercising! Dinner looks delicious.

Jo said...

Hi Lori, I love your header and I love the pups who enjoy the mud! Great that your cold weather is less. And as always, I love the way you whip up a healthy and delicious looking supper! Have a great day. Jo