Followers

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A Major February Thaw...

 We woke up to 52 degrees with low fog.
 The girls were still naked from yesterday and Abbe's muddy coat dried overnight so
 I could groom her.  She has really started to shed.




 Just when I finished cleaning the stalls it started to rain. 
 I suspected that would happen and put 4 hay nets under the shed roof.
 Phoebe was kind enough to pose for me so you could see her grooming from yesterday.
With all the mud, I don't think she will look this clean for long.



 Before class I drove over to Carina's to pick up our bread order.
Still raining.
 Sidney had no trouble sleeping in the house all day....
no such luck at night.  He loves to wake me up to let him go back outside.
Everyone arrived at 10:30.







 This afternoon the temperature reached a high of 67 degrees and it stopped raining.
 Of course the white horse had already rolled in the mud.
Little Wonder looked very handsome and still smelled so good.
 Sherri did a great job on both.
 Why is it that on days like this the sun does not come out until it is time for it to set?


 Surprise surprise!  Tonight Gary volunteered to make dinner.
He even went to Weggies to buy all the groceries he needed.
The weather inspired him to grab a beer and grill burgers out on the porch.


 He just might start doing this once a week!
 Time to relax.
Night all.

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

The dogs look adorable! Hope it lasts with your mud. And Abbe...of course she rolled in the mud! Good luck grooming her. Hamburgers on the grill sounds like a perfect meal for a warm day. In the 50’s here too with fog, tomorrow in the 70’s. I’ll believe it when I feel it.

Michelle said...

We have been having grill weather, as well. Your sweet pups look so happy.

Sandra said...

Hey Lori, lovely art! I am really looking forward to your post every day. I didn't realize how much fun is blog reading. How old I Sidney now?
Hugs

Lori Skoog said...

Sandra...I just located some photos of Sidney and Seymour and will post them for you. They were born in 2010.