Followers

Saturday, October 14, 2017

There Are Times When You Need A Good Laugh!

Warm enough for the girls to wear their masks today.
Lots of little bugs hangin' around their ears.





 This grass was planted one week ago...
 and this was planted two weeks ago!  It won't be long before I will be mowing.
Two big gardens....gone!

 After chores I went to Churchville for a tack sale.
The only thing I came home with was a pecan pie!

Have you ever run for office in your Town/Village/City?
Let me tell you, it's a LOT of work and your skin has to be very thick!
We have found that it is not easy to find people who are interested in becoming candidates.
The woman below, Susan Smith, is one of the finest I have ever worked with and she is running for Town Board.  She was out going door to door at 10am with the Village Mayor, from 1-3 our daughter joined her and by 3:15 she was at our house with a car full of new signs.  She designed them and they are beautiful!
Of course I could not resist doing a little photo shoot.






 By the time we got everything together to put this one in our yard, Adam and Mary (my partner on the Town Board) arrived to help.



 Because we all have a great sense of humor, we just had to mess around.


 Taa Daaaaaaaaaaaa!
 It's been a very interesting contest so far, with a lot of mud coming from the other side...
but we ended the week on a high note.  We are all for accentuating the positive and facts.
Let's hope that integrity and ethics win out.
Not enough wing nuts to put up the rest of our signs so we went down to Stull's to buy 12 and proceeded to put up a couple more.
 When I got back to the farm I started on dinner and then

 we went out to do evening chores.
 I can always count on Miss Piggy.
 Tucked them in and

 headed back to the house.
Gary finished painting the outside of the picket fence today.  It looks so much better.

 Yum!  Leftover sloppy Joes, coleslaw and corn for dinner.
Comfort food.
Night all.

1 comment:

Nancy J said...

Are you all running for the Town Board, or just the
"Three Monkies"?
I am sure a good, very good sense of humour will be present so much over the coming days and weeks.