Followers

Monday, September 18, 2017

Hay Day....

 I had to cut the glads back this morning as they were so tall they tipped over the vase.
Much better now.
At 7:30 the sky was beautiful.


 I had to keep the girls out of the back pasture as we were getting a hay delivery at 10:30.

 The gardens look so much better without all those weeds and 
dead sunflowers that were 8 feet tall.




 Fortunately, Gary got home from a Doctor's appointment just before Jerry arrived with the hay.
(look at that outdoor arena....Gordon did a great job yesterday)
 There we were...3 74 year olds unloading 120 bales of delicious 2nd cutting grass.
 Jerry threw it off the truck, I dragged it to where it was going and Gary stacked.
The good news!  We did it and it was not too bad.
80 more bales coming tomorrow and then I am set for the year.

I took a short break this afternoon,
 (so did Gary....sacked out near the garden he was working on)
and then I drove to Brockport to pick up more post cards I had printed at ADD RED.












 Would you like to have postcards made?  You can connect with Ron online.  Let me know.

Got my hair cut, stopped at Wegmans for a few items,
and decided to make a pizza for dinner.






 I forgot to take a photo of the finished product.
 It was crispy and delicious.
That's it for now.
Night all.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

That's a lot of hay to unload and stack by yourselves! It looks great though. It's always and feeling to be set for the winter.

Val Ewing said...

That is some nice looking hay and that stacking is not easy. I usually throw off the truck and hubby stacks. We go through a lot of hay.