Followers

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Half Time...

Busy, but not so rushed today.












 After chores I got a call from our neighbor who lives in the back 40, as one of her dogs did not come home this morning before she and her husband went to work.  I got on the lawn tractor and drove back there but had no luck finding him (Bear).
 The rest of his brothers and sisters were in the yard where they were supposed to be.
Fortunately he was waiting for her when she got home after 6.  Poor guy.
Elizabeth is hoping he learned his lesson and won't wonder off.
 This is the view of our place from their yard.

 I went out to the studio early to start working on the seat of my chair.
Should be able to finish it tomorrow.
 Donna, who never forgets my birthday, brought the most delicious apple tart to class.

 Helen brought sparkling cider and we were all set.
So sweet of them to think of me.




Tina is participating in the auction for the library and brought her donation with her today.
We were hoping to get pictures of Clara on it, but she did not come with Carina for the
bread delivery.
So we messed around and had a lot of laughs.  More than likely I am still in my barn clothes for class and today was no exception.
 We even got Helen to participate!
 I love this crew!




 Gary has been spending some time on his chair.





 For the past several years we have been invited to Andrew Fink's summer get together and this year it was on the same night as the Oak Orchard Farm-to-Table and we could not attend.
His parents had plenty of leftovers from the Dinosaur BBQ so we went there for dinner.
A nice treat before my Town Board meeting.
Night all.

PS
I must share with you some of the chairs being created for the fundraiser to be held at the library on October 8th.
"Sit right down and read."
Gary's is up above.
Mine is almost finished.
 
 Becky's in progress.

 Brenda Cretney's.

 Helen Smagorinsky's.

Jennifer Hecker's.
 
Tina Eibl's (mounted on a piano stool).

This is going to be some auction!

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Happy birthday! Thanks for sharing a little part of your life with us.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Happy Birthday! Love all the chairs, the saddle one is very inventive.

C.A. said...

Belated Happy Birthday. I love your blog. I think I found it via "Pioneer Woman" long ago. Ree's blog is still interesting, but now that everything is commercialized there, I don't visit very often. Dropping in here is like visiting an old friend! Also love your photos.

Lori Skoog said...

C.A. Thank you so much for leaving such a sweet comment. I just checked out your blog and see that you have not been posting. Did go to Amazon regarding your book. I don't check Ree's blog either, too commercial is right. Are you going to start posting again?