Followers

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Two Days In A Row!




 The temperature ended up in the mid 50s and this time there was no wind.



 I served breakfast in the back pasture so the girls could be in the sunshine.  Maggie preferred the water in the ditch
 and surprised me when she did this.  It was only about 42 degrees at that time.





 Look at my toofers (Sara).
 We were back in the house by 9,
 and at 11 Barb S. arrived to start working with Little Wonder.
 She has been going to Tina's, training Duffy, and today it was our turn.
The way she worked with him was quite amazing.  He really had to think and make choices.
A very quick study.

 At 12:45 I was at the gallery for our Sunday Jam.  We have a couple of performances coming up and have started getting more serious about our playlists.
 How's this for a wild looking baritone Ukulele?
Darryl made it!



 Karen had chore duty tonight, so I really had it easy.
The sunset was just as beautiful as the rest of the day.
 About dinner!  I was watching Lidia (PBS) the other day and figured out how to make Cesar Dressing.  Because I never follow recipes, my ingredients were a little off the charts...but boy did it ever work out.  In a blender, I threw 1 clove of garlic, 1/4 cup of vinegar (combined cider and balsamic), 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard and two hard boiled egg yokes (no anchovies for me!!!!!).
After mixing,  I drizzled in 1/4 cup of cold pressed Canola oil and 1/4 cup of olive oil, salt, pepper and finally a couple tablespoons of mayo.  Mixed again and voila!  Oh yes, I almost forgot....a couple shakes of Romano cheese.  I had a couple of pieces of chicken left from Friday and put that on top of mixed greens with homemade croutons and grated extra sharp cheddar cheese.
This was our entire dinner and I really need to start doing big salads more often.
One of my new favorite salads.
If I had planned this ahead of time, would probably have used Romaine lettuce and Parmesan cheese.  Who knows, maybe this was even better.
Night all.

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

It's been nice here too, hope this weather sticks around. LW sounds like he got a gold star fr his first lesson. Your recipe for the dressing sounds good and I'm sure it was delicious!

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I'm very envious of your sunshine. Too funny with Maggie and the water. Horses!

Jo said...

Oh wow you are blessed with that beautiful weather!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yum!