Followers

Friday, September 9, 2016

I Took A Vacation Day....

We woke up to a very misty and extremely muggy morning.
 The kind of day that steams up your glasses....




 On one of our potty breaks we went for a walk and Little Wonder discovered raspberries.


 I mowed half of the lawn and at 11:15, left for Glen Darach Farm so I could pick up my friend Helen.  She is from Scotland and is here visiting her sister Andrea.
 We headed straight for Grinds and had lunch.  Humungo cuban paninis with homemade chips and yes, a coke!  She took half home to her sister and I gave Gary the rest of mine.
Delish!
 Next stop was Tina's pool....or should I say spa.
 When we arrived, Sandman was having his feet trimmed by Josh H..

 Today we were leading the good life.

 Tina took a break and joined us.
 After that we went back to the farm so Helen could meet Little Wonder and Gary could have a sandwich delivery.
 I made a batch of smoothies to keep us cool.
 Gary (who finally went to the doctor today and is on antibiotics) picked a basket of beans to go along with the tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic and cucumbers we sent to Glen Darach.
 He also picked enough raspberries so we could make 3 jars of preserves.
 This afternoon it was good to see Phoebe getting the upper hand as she had Little Wonder pinned.
 We left the farm at 4 and stopped at Wegmans so Helen could do some shopping.
Our last stop was at Oak Orchard so I could pick up some glasses.
As soon as we got to Andrea's, I took out my camera and she beat me to it.
 We had a lot of things to unload from the car.
 Andrea and Helen are from England.  In 2008 Helen and her family moved to Scotland, 
and decades ago Andrea moved to the US to work with Abdullah, a Trakehner Stallion 
who went on to medal in the Olympics.
She is my go to person for anything that has to do with horses.
I finished mowing when I got home.  This was growing in the front yard.....H U G E.


 So nice to have a day off once in awhile.
 Night all.


2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

You deserve a day off! Looks like a good time was had by all.

Grey Horse Matters said...

You deserve a day off! Looks like a good time was had by all.