Followers

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Moving Into The Deep Freeze...

 The sun stuck around for about 10 minutes.






 The girls were out until 9:45 and I decided to put them back in their stalls.
 Between the snow and the blowing it was below 0 and I truly felt sorry for them.

 We had put hay nets in the indoor and I tried to lure them in so they would have more protection.


 Maggie and Angel were behind the second floor of the barn to avoid the wind and I finally gave up and whistled them in.  Lots of hay and warm water to keep them occupied.


 At 1pm I drove into Brockport for our monthly duplicate bridge date.  It was relatively clear when I left the farm and that all changed when I got near the Village.



 As per usual, Helen had a table full of food.


 My partner and I came in third.  I was sure we were going to be rock bottom.
 By 4:30 I could see blue sky on my way home.
 Karen had let the horse out for a stretch by the time I got there.  I put on some barn clothes and went out to pick the stalls and reset them for tonight.



 Gary was kind enough to make us dinner.  French toast, bacon, clementines and bananas.
Just perfect.
 We are going to be burning a lot of wood over the next 4 days.
If we are lucky, Saturday and Sunday will have a high of 0.
Night all.

6 comments:

C-ingspots said...

Brrr...we had a stretch of pure bliss. 5 days of sunshine and spring-like warmth. We threw the windows open, sat in the sun on the deck and dreamed. But today it's back to grey skies and light rain, but still mild temps. You were my inspiration for dinner last night, and maybe again tonight! :)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

A cold day is always made better with fun to help you forget about it! We're having the same weather here in Virginia, and I'll be spending a lot of my time inside where it's warm this weekend!

Nancy J said...

Any day that is below 20Celsius sounds so good, almost every day is way over 28C, and up to 34.7C we are so dry, every paddock and all lawns near us are brown and bone dry. lovely meal, looks so yummy.

Unknown said...

That watery sun makes everything look so cold :( it is going to be bad tomorrow but I hope it will war up a little next week.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Cold here too, but not THAT cold. Single digits though. Had to buy Hickory a new blanket. The brat.

Val Ewing said...

We are going way below zero tonight. That with a 25+ mph wind will be quite chilly.
Stay warm and comfy!
It will be perfect snow shoe weather in our valleys out of the wind.