The sun stuck around for about 10 minutes.
The girls were out until 9:45 and I decided to put them back in their stalls.
Between the snow and the blowing it was below 0 and I truly felt sorry for them.
We had put hay nets in the indoor and I tried to lure them in so they would have more protection.
Maggie and Angel were behind the second floor of the barn to avoid the wind and I finally gave up and whistled them in. Lots of hay and warm water to keep them occupied.
At 1pm I drove into Brockport for our monthly duplicate bridge date. It was relatively clear when I left the farm and that all changed when I got near the Village.
As per usual, Helen had a table full of food.
My partner and I came in third. I was sure we were going to be rock bottom.
By 4:30 I could see blue sky on my way home.
Karen had let the horse out for a stretch by the time I got there. I put on some barn clothes and went out to pick the stalls and reset them for tonight.
Gary was kind enough to make us dinner. French toast, bacon, clementines and bananas.
We are going to be burning a lot of wood over the next 4 days.
If we are lucky, Saturday and Sunday will have a high of 0.