Followers

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Blow Me Over!

Holy moly!  The wind was nutttttssss this morning.
 Lots of rain last night and the pastures and outdoor arena were somewhat flooded.
I grained the horses, threw a flake of hay in their stalls and left them in until the 
rain let up.
They went out around 10 and it was still very windy.


 Maggie just can't resist playing in the water.

 There is something wrong with my car, so this morning Jenny's boyfriend (who is an incredible mechanic) came over to see what was going on.  We took it for a ride so he could experience the clunking so I was not able to get the stalls cleaned until we got back.  By then the temperature was up near 50 and I took all the blankets off the girls so they could go roll their brains out in the mud.



 At 1:30 I drove my clunky car down to The Center to do another walk through regarding
the painting that will be done.  The next step will be to get an estimate and I am very 
pleased with the progress that has been made.
 As I was walking out of the building, I noticed some "bridge" activity going on in the cafe, and they were missing one person.  Decided to fill in and was there for the duration.  Nice to play with a new group....and it was party bridge instead of duplicate.  Have not done that in decades.
 On the way home I stopped at the gas station.  It's been a long time since we were able to 
get gas for under $2.00.
 By late afternoon the weather was off the charts.  Near 60.



 Can't get enough of that light.



 Gary watched Finn and Coop after school and I did not make dinner.
Instead, we went to Rorbachs.
 Off duty.
Night all.

3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Got up to 54 here today but rained all day and really windy too. Of course, the entire herd rolled and looked awful. Hope your car gets sorted out soon.

Nancy J said...

Your cool looks so good, not as hot down here today, Why do horses roll in mud???

Two French Bulldogs said...

It was crazy nutty windy here. We was so ascared!
Lily & Edward