Followers

Sunday, January 17, 2016

It Is Snowing...

The horses were out in the pasture eating grass this morning.
That could be it for awhile....




 How this yucca plant stays alive with our winters is beyond me.


 Did a few extra things in the barn and that called for a French toast breakfast.

At 1 I arrived a A Different Path Gallery for today's jam session.
There were only 5 or 6 of us there, so I really had the opportunity for some
tutoring.  We did a little Eric Clapton, some blues and more.
My friends, Amy and Fred, stopped over with all kinds of goodies leftover from
his birthday party (yesterday).  Thank you Roger, for facilitating...we loved it.
By the way Roger, as a major music man, I would love to have you join us
some Sunday.  It's sort of like the Sunday version of Summer Serenades.
 On the way home I dropped some of the cake off at Jenny's and by the time I left
there was a whiteout.  Oddly enough, it disappeared a good two miles before I got 
back to the farm.
Changed my clothes and went out to feed the girls.
 Then, it did start to snow.
 This is the first day Abbe did not win the Miss Piggy contest.



 The prize goes to Berlin.
Once they got wet from the snow, they must have rolled in the indoor.
 This is what it looked like when I went back to the house.
(with a flash)
 (without a flash)
 We could get some serious lake effect snow tonight.
Dinner?  Another salad with pears/apples/craisins....
 and leftover red lentil soup.

Time to get out by the fire.
Night all.

6 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

A cold day with snow is always made better with friends and fun, and a good meal and fire at the end of it!

Nancy J said...

Serious stuff, that snow. I wonder if horses do really feel cold, or do we think they do? Down here, in winter, they will have thicker covers. Yummy meal, as always.

lilysgrannie said...

I just love your music insets. I play the ukulele with a group one Sunday a month and love it.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Berlin looks like she had a good time getting dirty! Our herd looks like a bunch of pigs that wallowed in the mud. For once Blue was the only clean one.

Snowed here too. Not much, just enough to be annoying. Very cold and windy though. I'm thinking a nice fire tonight to read by sounds very good.

I think it's great that you're playing your music with a group of friends. Love Eric Clapton, been to lots of his concerts.

Two French Bulldogs said...

so beautiful. You have the coziest house
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

Lori Skoog said...

lilysgrannie is there a way I can contact you?