Followers

Thursday, November 19, 2015

True

The weather got better and better all day long.







 After chores I grabbed a quick shower and went down to the Town Hall to sign some papers for the Financial Director so I am all set when we take office.
From there I went to The Center to pick up registration forms as we are going to hold a ceremonial swearing in of Town Board members there are on January 3rd.  We want to invite all of our volunteers, donors, supporters, families and friends as a thank you.  Homemade pies and coffee are on the menu.

Seeing it was Thursday I hiked upstairs to see what was going on with the volunteers who were busy working on "Dresses for Girls Around the World."
 They also make PJs and dolls plus stuff for boys.
 This is such a worthwhile project.  Does anyone do this in your community?

 Even tho snow may be on the way, there were still flowers blooming in front of Capen Hose.
 Had to stop at Wegmans and they were selling sunflowers!
 At 2pm I went over to my friend Sue's farm...
 to work with her on line driving.
 She has a beautiful set up for her 3 horses.  They can go in and out of her barn 24/7 and there is a 45 x50 area where we could work today.

This is True.  He is a draft cross and the sweetest boy I could ever ask for.
He had never been worked with long lines and we chose to just leave him in his halter.
Within minutes he caught on.
 Jennifer C. was there with True's owner and she has had a lot of experience with horses.
(Mostly riding and going to breed shows since she was a child).  This was her first time working a horse this way and she did a great job.

Sue is recovering from foot surgery, but she was game to try it and you could see that True loves her.  This will be so good for both of them.
 It has also motivated me to get Berlin and Abbe back in work.
 By now it was nearly 65 degrees.

 Home by 3:30 and Gary was still down at Agape.




 Karen rode Angel before she put the horses in.  There won't be too many more days like this before we get slammed with winter weather.



 (Cleaning leather halters for the girls).

 No big dinner tonight.  Just eggs and toast.

For your viewing pleasure...this antique piece was given to me by my students when I retired in 1999.
They knew me well.
Night all.
PS
I have been practicing my guitar.

2 comments:

Auntie Reg said...

We make pillow case dresses in Florida for the little girls. Very neat project. We have an assembly line, great time to meet new ladies.

Unknown said...

I used to love long lining my Shetland! I would just run the reins through the saddle though. He was brilliant. I don't know why I never tried with my pony though.