Followers

Saturday, September 5, 2015

What A Day To Unload Hay...

I can understand why the crazysheeplady does not think summer is the greatest season.
It has to be hotter in Kentucky than it is here, but enough already!



 After chores Karen and I went around the corner to a neighbors to check out some hay and it looked pretty good.  Said yes to a wagon load and within an hour it was at our farm.  That's what I call service.  A nice mix of grass, clover and just a little alfalfa.
Nelson threw it onto the barn floor and Gary, Karen and I moved and stacked.  We were done in about 25 minutes (120 bales).  Needless to say, with this nice humid weather, we were soaked.



 Rested for awhile, took a shower and went to Brockport for a campaign work session.
 By the time I got home it was after 4:30 and I was in no mood to make dinner.  Just wanted to take a nap.  Gary treated us to dinner at Sam's.
 On the way home the sun was setting.




 Changed my shoes and headed out to the barn.




 Tucked the girls in and left the fan on as it was still 80 degrees inside.  You know they have been sweating when Abbe looks like this.  She rolls in the indoor and gets filthy.
 Some of our sunflowers (as well as the broom corn) are over 10 feet tall.




Almost dark when I was taking these photos.
Night all.

4 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

The same weather here too -- We're supposed to get a break, which I'll be grateful for, along with just a little bit of rain.

Stay cool, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

The Dancing Donkey said...

I'm so glad to have my hay in the barn and be done. This heat is a killer to work in.

Two French Bulldogs said...

we sure are jealous of your tail horsie. Ors is only .05 inches long
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

Michelle said...

It IS hot here in Kentucky! Whew! We have our hay ready for the winter season. So important!