Followers

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Summer Serenades....the Finale for this Season

 Kind of a cool grey day.
 A little before noon I met Sally and Judy down at the Red Bird as they were treating me to lunch for my birthday.



 Sally ordered a peach tart for my birthday "cake" and it was out of this world!!!!
Jo (the owner of the Red Bird) really knows her way around a kitchen.
So good to spend some time together catching up...must have talked for over two hours. 

Stopped at Wegmans on the way home and was ready for a nap by the time I got there.

 Finally, our morning glories are starting to appear.

 Sweet Sophie was sacked out on her cushie bed.
 Tonight was the last edition of Summer Serenades and the featured guest artists were
Miles Watts and his daughter Ronnie.
 He grew up in Brockport and was our neighbor when he was about 2 years old.


 Our team was present and sporting shirts.
 Didn't Gary go down and interrupt Miles so he would sing happy birthday to me!
 And didn't Sara grab my arm while I was taking the video?  Oh well, you get the picture.




 This is Michelle....proud Mother of Miss Ronnie Watts.

 Ronnie is only 14 years old and is knocking everyone's socks off with her voice.
She wrote the first song she sang.

 Miles, Jenny and Karen have been pals since they were kids.


You don't see too many fathers and daughters singing together.  This is sweet!
 After the concert we went over to Mile's mother's house for a quick visit.
 An absolutely gorgeous home.
 She has on of the biggest plants in history!  It has grown since the last time I posted it a couple years ago.
Now it's late and I still have more videos to upload.
What happened to that nap I needed 8 hours ago?
Night all.

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Ronnie singing solo, gave me goose bumps, what a wonderful finale night, complete with " Birthday" song. And greetings from down here, have a wonderful day.XXX

thecrazysheeplady said...

Every day is your birthday! Glad you had a great one :-D.

Stephen Andrew said...

Happy birthday!!! Looks like it was a great day. Now I'm craving a peach tart!