Followers

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Not Letting Up One Bit

I don't think the temperature with the windchill really went down to -25 last night...but we did get more snow and it was below 0.  To say the least, Karen and I were not thrilled this morning when it started to snow again.




 There was a sale on shavings at Country Max so I went down to pick up 8 bags around 9 and it was turning into blizzard conditions.

 This was how it looked on my ride back to the farm.



 Gary was not home so I pulled the shavings into the barn on my trusty sled.
 Still snowing.
 Took a quick shower and went back to Brockport for my 3rd funeral in the past week.  My favorite bridge partner, Betty Nasca, passed away after a long struggle with her health.  Such memories.  We used to laugh an awful lot when we played cards together.
 Afterward I had to fill my car up with gas and once again...
 the snow was coming down like crazy when I drove through the village.


 This afternoon my ride home was worse than the one this morning.





 Spent the afternoon putting designs on the drum Jean gave me...
 added four tassels when I was finished.

 Went out to do evening chores a little early as I had to shovel my way to the barn.
 By then, the snow stopped and the sun appeared.




 Look who rolled in the indoor.  Surprise, surprise.




 Soloed for dinner as Gary is still not home.  Today he left around 8 and has been gone for over 12 hours.  Once again he delivered flowers for Arjuna, the local floral shop.  Can you imagine how long it has taken with these nasty conditions?
 Salad (pears, apples and craisins) with corn chowder that I took out of the freezer.
 Also had some homemade bread (baked by Chet, the breadman).
 Time to take some hot water out to the horses.
13 degrees and plunging.  Tomorrow we may have a high of 0 with strong winds, more snow and ridiculous windchills.  The girls are going to be spending some extra time in the barn.
Night all.
Stay warm.

PS
Gary got home at 8:30 with a special gift from Allison, who owns the flower shop.  A big thank you for putting in such long hours today.



Thank you!  Allison.  Your sure know how to create beautiful arrangements!

2 comments:

Birdman said...

These photos look so Maine today. We got JUST 5 inches. Eastport got 24 and counting. We lucked out. btw LOVE that barn banner. Fine choice.

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

So sorry that you had to attend another funeral, but it sounds like you have had the privilege of knowing some really wonderful people.